Cudeca Foundation (Cuidados del Cancer)
Avenida del Cosmos s/n, Arroyo de la Miel, 29631 Málaga
Tel:+34 952 564 910
The Cudeca Foundation is a non-profit making Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) which depends on the support of the community for its finances.
The principal objectives of Cudeca are:
- To offer “specialised palliative care” to patients suffering from terminal cancer and also to support the family during the illness and in the bereavement process.
- To form a programme of study, training, investigation and awareness of palliative care.
The services offered include:
- Care and attention given in out-patients clinics, in-patient units, day care and home visits.
- Training and support for health care professionals, volunteers and relatives.
- They also have administration and fundraising departments, plus tremendous support from the volunteers who believe in their cause and who form a part of the Cudeca project.
- The care is offered completely free of charge to those patients and families who need it and who live in the Province of Malaga.
The main purpose:
To change the process of dying to a process of living. Although they cannot add days to life, Cudeca tries to add quality of life to days through their “special kind of caring”.
To develop holistic and innovative models in the treatment of physical and psycho-social symptoms caused by cancer and other chronic, progressive and advanced diseases, providing relief to suffering through clinical control of symptoms, physical rehabilitation and complementary therapies of physical care, psychological, social spiritual and family support and seeking the highest comfort for patients and their family whilst respecting their personal autonomy.
Extending the philosophy, knowledge and skills of palliative care in the community by specialized training of professionals and volunteers and increasing the information given to patient families and the general public.
Contributing to the development and improvement of palliative care through research in co-ordination with other research centres of excellence.
Declaration of Mission – Cudeca Hospice undertakes to:
- Offer high standards of palliative care to patients suffering from cancer and other advanced or terminal disease.
- Offer support and advice to those who take care of patients throughout the illness, after it and throughout the bereavement period.
- Offer a personalized response to patients and family needs, both at home and in their centre through their caring programmes.
- Develop innovative therapies actively seeking to maintain patient dignity and autonomy so that they can have the highest quality of life in spite of the limitations of their illness.
- Give care to everyone in need regardless of race or religion.
- Transparency – to make sure that people are aware of our charity mission
Fundación Cudeca, Centro de cuidados paliativos, Avenida del Cosmos, Benalmádena, Spain